For SISSA users only
In this emergengy period, some publishers have made their e-resources available:
Elsevier has set domains for institutions subscribing to Scopus or Science Direct in order to facilitate remote access.
Please follow attached instructions.
This access is limited to this period of the spread of the coronavirus disease.
The file is continuously being updated
Document delivery is a service for SISSA faculty, staff and students. This document delivery form allows SISSA Library users to receive physical material and obtain scans of articles or book chapters from other libraries and universities. The service is provided in compliance with the Italian copyright law and European Union directives on copyright as appearing in the document exchange network NILDE. We check the accuracy of the bibliographic information inserted into this online form and guarantee privacy. We ensure both privacy of data and security in compliance with GDPR (EU 2016/679) and Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, as amended and supplemented by Legislative Decree no. 101/2018. The service also supplies copies of materials owned by the SISSA library to other libraries in Italy, under reciprocal exchange agreements. All documents provided to internal users respect copyright and license agreements with publishers and are provided for non-profit or commercial purposes. This service is provided FOR FREE to current memebrs of the SISSA community.
The internal rules for this service are linked here : SISSA rules for document delivery service.
How to request an article/book chapter not available in SISSA
1. Check the SISSA Library collections first - it's likely we have it!
- search the SISSA catalog to check our printed holdings ( for printed books and journals, DVD, CD-ROM, printed SISSA theses, and for purchased e-books);
- search the SISSA Discovery Service (for full-text access to articles, e-books across hundreds of licensed journals subscribed by SISSA, reports, preprints, open access journals and journal articles not online accessible). If you want to search ONLY SISSA's digital collection with this tool, Limit the search to SISSA repositories (IRIS-SISSA Digital Library and SISSA Preprint Archive). It's usually FASTER to request these articles using the "SISSA Library DD" inside SISSA Discovery Service selecting NOT in SISSA collection - ask for articles/books directly from the the list of articles NOT OWNED by SISSA and which you are looking for. It will give you an option to go directly to this service and the system (SISSA Discovery Service) will copy and paste the basic citation information automatically into the form (but please add any additional information you have about the item into the form).
- search UNITYFVG : the United Universities of Friuli Venezia Giulia database (federated institutional research digital archives of the University of Trieste, University of Udine and SISSA)
2. If isn't available at SISSA, place a request using this online form.
If you are filling out this form manually, be as complete and careful as possible so there aren't unnecessary delays. Please submit only 1 request per form. All requests must be submitted using this online form in order to comply with Italian and European copyright regulations and with SISSA's license agreements with publishers directly and through the Rector’s Conference (CRUI).
Please enter your request using the following form and the Library will manage it as soon as possible. The rapidity of the service depends on the providing library.
* indicates a required field