for SISSA users only
Interlibrary loan is a free service that helps current memebrs of the SISSA community access materials not available at SISSA library. Interlibrary Loan allows SISSA Library users to borrow physical material and obtain scans of articles or book chapters from other libraries and universities. The rules for this service are linked here :The regulation of the SISSA interlibrary loan service.
We control the precision of bibliographic information inserted into this online form and guarantee the privacy. We are protecting privacy of data and security
This service is in support of university work. SISSA library will borrow materials from a worldwide network of libraries for SISSA faculty, students, staff and visting scholars at no cost to current memebrs of the SISSA community.
How to request an item from another library
1. Check SISSA Library collections first - it's likely we have it!
- search SISSA catalog ( for printed books and journals, DVD, CD-ROM, printed SISSA theses, and for e-books)
- search SISSA Discovery Service (for full-text access to articles, reports, preprints, e-books across hundreds of licensed, open access databases and articles not accessible). If you want to search with this tool in SISSA digital collection Limit the search to SISSA Catalog or SISSA repositories (IRIS-SISSA Digital Library and SISSA Preprint Archive). It's usually quicker to request these articles using the "SISSA Library DD" form selecting NOT in SISSA collection - ask for articles/books directly from the the list of articles you are looking for. It will give you an option to go directly to this service.and the system (SISSA Discovery Service) will copy and paste the basic citation information automatically into the form (but please add any additional information you have about the item into the form).
- search UNITYFVG: United Universities of Friuli Venezia Giulia database (federated institutional research digital archives of the University of Trieste, University of Udine and SISSA)
2. If isn't available at SISSA, place a request using this online form.
If you are filling out this form manually, be as complete and careful as possible so there aren't unnecessary delays.Please submit only 1 request per form. All request must be submitted using this online form in order to comply with Italian and European Copyright regulations and license agreemnts of the SISSA with publishers and through Rector’s Conference - CRUI. . Please enter your request using the following form and the Library will manage it as soon as possible. The rapidity of the service depends on the provider library.
When the book arrives, we will inform you by e-mail.
* indicates a required field