The SISSA Library opening hours are: MONDAY - THURSDAY 9-19 and FRIDAY 9-13.
- From Dec 27th until Jan 5th 9-13.
- Closed on Dec 8th, 9th, 26th, Jan 6th.
Starting from April 2022, users are allowed to use: the self-loan system, one terminal in the loan desk room to consult library resources..
If there are no meetings, the blue and red rooms are available for studying, but the door must be open and users must keep safety distances.
To reserve the red and blue rooms please see the Blue & red rooms reservation page.
Sanitization kits for hands and surfaces are always available.
a) To renew / borrow / return books
During the Library opening hours users can manage all operations asking to loan desk staff.
Who cannot come in person at loan desk:
- can ask renewals and reservations of books writing to email@example.com (please specify the titles);
- can return books in the loan desk room (enter with your SISSA badge) in the red box placed near the self-loan system.
Users enabled to use the self-loan system can manage their loans during the Library opening hours.
b) To STUDY in the main library room
- Users with an official position in SISSA, but without an office, have priority to study in the main library room,
- if necessary, students and guests with no official position in SISSA will be asked to leave the tables of the main library room available for SISSA users,
- users who have access to a SISSA office are warmly suggested to leave their bags and coats in their offices and bring only essential items.
c) To CONSULT books/journals
After consulting, please put consulted books & journals at the collection points.