The SISSA Library opening hours are: MONDAY - THURSDAY 9-19 and FRIDAY 9-13.
Users are allowed to use two terminals in the loan desk room to consult library resources.
If there are no meetings, the blue and red rooms are available for studying.
To reserve the red and blue rooms for meetings please see the Blue & red rooms reservation page.
Sanitization kits for hands and surfaces are always available.
a) To renew / borrow / return books
During the Library opening hours users can manage all operations asking to loan desk staff.
Who cannot come in person at loan desk:
- can ask renewals and reservations of books writing to email@example.com (please specify the titles);
- can return books in the loan desk room (enter with your SISSA badge) in the red box placed near the self-loan system.
If you need to return your loans during closing hours, please use the Book Return white box which you will find outside the library main door.
Your returns will be registered early in the morning by library staff.
Users enabled to use the self-loan system can manage their loans during the Library opening hours.
b) To STUDY in the main library room
- Users with an official position in SISSA, but without an office, have priority to study in the main library room,
- if necessary, students and guests with no official position in SISSA will be asked to leave the tables of the main library room available for SISSA users,
- users who have access to a SISSA office are warmly suggested to leave their bags and coats in their offices and bring only essential items.
c) To CONSULT books/journals
After consulting, please put consulted books & journals at the collection points.